Friday 23 March 2012

2012 Easter Weekend Plans Part 1

Initally, i just wanted to getaway from the awfully boring, quiet countryside in adelaide, take the opportunity to spend some time with my friend who is studying in sydney.

Yet i forgot that the shopping paradise is closed on easter friday and sunday. I wanted to catch up with a forum friend K, but his family will be in sydney during the weekend. DANG

After talking to my friend moments ago over the phone and to and for sms with merlion *RAWR* there is a few things i can do on Friday, 6th of April, 9am after landing in kingsford T3.

-Sydney fishmarket
ITS OPEN!! Not a lobster/crab/prawn FAN but i feel uberly guilty to have oysters and red wine for breakky. Not that i have not done it before, in fact i used to have oysters for breakky with red wine almost every Saturday during my stay in melbourne where i stayed 10 mins walk from victoria market. It has been a encouragement routine for me working ever so diligent on my assignment throughout friday for 20 hours non-stop; and i would knock myself out after my oyster breakky in my comforty apartment. I just had my Annual blood test done, my LDL & HDL level isnt as good as it used to be when i was 24. Age is creeping on me like a grim reaper.

-Yum Cha
Is there any goot ones around metro-area that is easily accessible via public transport on Easter Friday?

- Hoopla festival at darlington
Starts at 11am. Apparently the Outdoor performance is free, each indoor performance is from $5-$10 for 15mins-30mins.

- Easter Royale Show
I had something similar in Adelaide, which is the Royale Adelaide show. I was told that this Easter show is MUCH larger and majestic compared to the country-style show held in Adelaide. then and again, i am not very good in walking standing for over 1 hour due to my exisiting medical condition. Plus, the rides and games aren't free. Entrance Fee for adult is $36 each, i should be able to get a discount ticket from my colleagues in sydney office but the RIDES ARE VERY EXPENSIVE. $8 -$20 per ride. And you would have to Q with 1 hr or longer for popular haunted house 3D ride. Although the perks for me would be free tasting of antipastos and wine at the food section tent. Coming from Adelaide, i am actually quite numbed by the numerous free wine tasting. Yeah, I am spoilt for choices when comes to Wine and mettwurst.

-Bondi Ferry
Never been to Bondi. Love the beeches

- IMAX 3D
Merlion suggested that. I think why not, since i am so suaku, work only no play. I should take this opportunity to relac relac and see what is so special about IMAX.

-Girls only shopping (during the day)
I mean guys can come along, but we can meet for tea and meals, afterward free and easy for shopping for different gender. We can go to few places...chatsworth/chatswood and city, any sydneysiders want to correct me on this? I ish need to go to a "high crass" tai tai shopping complex to get my stuff before returning farmers' land in the down south.

-FRENCH
Anyone who are a big fan for french food? any recommendations? There isnt any french cafe/resturant in South Australia. And i have never tried french food before.

-Easter Sunday
MAHJONG anyone?? Poker bridge pun boleh!

Anyone lonely souls want to join me on this easter freazy!? REGISTER NOW!
The moar the merrier. *RAWR*

7 comments:

  1. Dont think Bondi has a ferry. Its Manly.

    Foveaux or Assiette for french/fusion. Or Berowra Waters Inn for french/italian.

    Lots of yum cha in metro area. But i think u meant City. There are a couple in city. Zilver and east ocean are 2.

    Dont borther bout imax.

    Sydney(and australia) is not a place for shopping unless you dont mind getting ripped off. Melbourne or online is better - i'm a guy and even i know this.

    I can organise a drinking / party session at my place on Friday (or clubbing some where in city), but pending on something. Will update. Or maybe can try LKP place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for ur reply.

    er...for gals stuff, sydney hv a wider range. Plus, it is anyhow better than adelaide :D
    Shopping can also be window shopping.

    i was thinking since iMAX tix was $12.50....uh-well i never been to one, why do u think it is not a recommended choice? How bad is it?

    I am a traditionist (shopper), and without having the window display model figure, it proved to be more than diffcult to buy online.

    I hear that zilver is a good place, do i need reservation for that?
    I will do french next opportunity Thanks for that.

    Most importantly, i was trying to attract some simple get together. Good idea on the friday thingy, i am trying to put some schedule together, will update again before next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. IMAX is just a super hugh screen... And if you are coming to Sydney for a holiday, dont watch movie la!! Go outdoors and explore, eat, drink, etc. If you need indoor stuff, I recommend you go to the opera house and watch something or even have a walk inside rather than spend 2 hours in a "Huge" movie theatre. Heehe.

    Or maybe you can check out going up Sydney tower, walking the harbour bridge (or paying to go up the Pylons of the bridge - $11) or if you are feeling rich, pay $200+ to climb it.

    Its quite difficult to buy online, i agree. But the game seems to be changing. Some allow you to send back the item FOC (reverse logistics / return delivery paid) if it doesnt fit or you dont like it. i.e. some shoe shops. And at far cheaper price and designs not seen at every corner at the street, Its cheaper and with more exclusivity even after a $20 alteration (which may end up fitting you better than off the sleves). Yea, but i agree, nothing beats walking in, paying up and walking out with the shopping in your hands, as opposed to waiting a week for it to arrive in the mail.

    Liase with LKP (and LZ), i think he is the anchor for our small SG "Group" in Sydney. He might be going to easter show i heard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I accidently close the screen after writing a WOT.
      sianz, i do not wan to re-trace what i wrote entirely.

      I was thinking catching up wif LKP for brunch at MQ area, do u wan to join in? Yes, he is going for the easter show. But i find the price a TOTAL ripped off, i have been to the Adelaide show, It was alright since i had 1/2 priced tix from the office.

      Delete
  4. After a few times a victim of a loan scam
    money between

    People who have finally found a person of good heart so that I He gave a loan I wanted for years and thanks to him I was able to make its I pay my dreams arrears. In 72 hours it was already submarine in my account. What God Thank you and I suggest to all your financial problems He left her Send by e-mail, contact him and he will help you. I swear you can enjoy 100/100 Thank you for understanding. Email (fastloanoffer34@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. After a few times a victim of a loan scam
    money between

    People who have finally found a person of good heart so that I He gave a loan I wanted for years and thanks to him I was able to make its I pay my dreams arrears. In 72 hours it was already submarine in my account. What God Thank you and I suggest to all your financial problems He left her Send by e-mail, contact him and he will help you. I swear you can enjoy 100/100 Thank you for understanding. Email (fastloanoffer34@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!!